After you've held a calibration session (that is, made all desired changes to Private Manager Assessment answers in that calibration session), it is time to lock the session. Locking a session means that no additional changes can be made to Private Manager Assessment answers in the calibration session, and calibrated Private Manager Assessment answers will appear in manager reviews and summaries. After locking a calibration session, anyone with access to the session can still leave, edit, and delete comments in the calibration session's activity feed.
Only review admins and cycle collaborators can lock a calibration session.
In this article, you will learn...
Lock a calibration session
- Click on Best-Self Review® in 15Five's left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the name of the review cycle you want to lock a calibration session in.
- Open the 'Calibrations' tab.
- Find the calibration session that needs to be locked and click into it.
- Click the Lock session button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
What happens after a session is locked?
- When the 'Start sharing on' deadline has passed, managers can share the results with their direct reports, hold final meetings, and finalize the review results.
- You can still leave, edit, and delete comments in the calibration session's activity feed, even after the session is locked.
- Managers cannot see the calibration activity feed and/or comments when viewing the manager review. The only way the manager will see the notes from the calibration session is if the manager is a contributor.
- Once a calibration is locked you are able to download the information from the session. Reporting on calibration sessions is achieved via one large calibrations download. All sessions are included in the same CSV download found on the main calibrations tab. In the download, there is a column for 'Session name' for review administrators who want to filter for a specific session. The download shows the original private manager assessment answer and the calibrated answer in separate columns.