This article outlines how to automatically grant all group members visibility into objectives created for their group. Once you've enabled group visibility, any group objective that follows 15Five permissions will be visible to all group members.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to enable group visibility for objectives
- How to grant an entire group visibility into a private objective
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Objectives and Feature settings.
👥 This article is relevant to account admins.
📦 This feature is available in the Focus and Total Platform pricing packages.
Check out these additional resources ⬇️
Enable group visibility for objectives
- Click on the Settings menu at the upper right corner of your 15Five account.
- Select 'Features' from the dropdown menu.
- Click to open the 'Objectives' section.
- Click on the 'Permissions' tab in the top navigation bar.
- Select the drop-down arrow next to 'Objectives privacy settings.'
- By toggling this feature On, group objectives created from this point forward will automatically grant visibility into the group objective to all members of the group, as well as their hierarchies. Once enabled, click Save.
- After clicking Save, a prompt will appear that states that this doesn't apply to objectives that were already created, but it will apply to all group objectives created from this point forward. Click the Got it. Save permissions button after reading the notice.
- Now that you have enabled this setting, any objective created from this point on that follows 15Five permissions will be visble to all group members and their hierarchies.
Enabling this feature will not apply retroactively to any objectives created prior to updating this feature setting.
Grant an entire group visibility into a private objective
The group visibility for objectives setting automatically grants group members visibility into group objectives that follow 15Five permissions. But can visibility be granted to group members for an objective if the privacy setting is set to specific people? The answer is yes!
When creating the objective, after selecting the specific-people privacy setting, you can add an entire group as viewers of the objective. Also by doing this, the hierarchies for members of that group can also view the objective, as well as add additional individuals and groups as viewers of the objective.