When you add a new person to 15Five without sending them an invite, they are added as a "created" user so that you can manually send then an invitation when you're ready for them to have access to the platform. In this article, we walk through how to manually send invites to created users.
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to 'Manage people'.
👥 This article is relevant to Account admins (can send invites to any user) and Managers (can send invites to their direct reports).
📦 This feature is available in all pricing packages.
Send an invitation to a created user
Account admins can customize the text of the email invitation that's sent out by navigating to Company settings > Invite settings.
- Click on the Setting gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'People' from the dropdown menu.
- You're now on the "Manage people" page. From here, click into the 'Inactive' tab.
- The 'Inactive' tab contains all people who have been invited to 15Five but have not yet accepted their invitation. There are three sections in the 'Inactive' tab: Created people, Pending invitations, and Expired invitations. The 'Created people' tab contains individuals who were added to 15Five but haven't yet received invitations.
- Check the box to the left of all individuals you want to send invitation emails to.
- Click Actions and select 'Send invitation' from the dropdown menu.
- A popup will appear that walks through the implications of sending these invitations. Read through them, then click Yes, send invitation.
- The individual will move to the 'Pending invitations' section of the page. Invitations expire in 30 days.*
*If the individual(s) you sent an invitation to has a specified start date, the invitation will expire 30 days from that start date. If they do not have a specified start date, the invitation will expire 30 days from the day you sent the invitation.
When an individual is granted permission to 15Five in your organization's Identity Provider (IdP), they are added as a "Created" user. These individuals do not need an invite email to log into 15Five, as they've already been granted access to 15Five in your IdP. They can log in by following the SSO steps in our "Sign in to 15Five" Help Center article. After a person logs into 15Five via SSO the first time, they will be moved to the 'Active' tab.