Connect with BambooHR using 15Five's HRIS Connector!
We are no longer supporting the legacy BambooHR integration. Customers can now integrate with Bamboo HR using 15Five's HRIS Connector. With a simple setup and configuration, visibility around what data is coming over, and automatic sync every 24 hours, it's never been easier to ensure accurate, up-to-date employee data across your platforms. Get started now!
This article walks through how to manage 15Five's legacy BambooHR integration.
What you’ll find in this article:
Access and availability
Set up the BambooHR integration
We are no longer supporting the legacy BambooHR integration. To quickly and easily integrate with BambooHR, please follow the steps in our HRIS Connector article.
Manage the legacy BambooHR integration
This section walks through how to manage the legacy BambooHR integration.
If you're integrated using our legacy BambooHR integration, rather than through our HRIS connector, this section walks through how to run a manual sync from BambooHR to 15Five.
- Go to the 'BambooHR Settings' page.
Click the orange Start sync button. Don't worry—you will get to preview the changes before syncing.
- Once the sync starts, you will see the screen below. It can sometimes take a second to refresh, so you can navigate away (or take a quick coffee break) and come back.
After the sync is complete, you'll be taken to a screen to choose what to do with the import. Options are: Cancel import, Re-run import, or Start BambooHR import. If you navigated away from the sync page, you can pull up the preview page by navigating back to the 'BambooHR Settings’ page and clicking View history.
- Check the data to ensure everything looks accurate. The integration is set to scan all profiles that are not excluded (see the 'Filtering' section below), so don't panic if you see an individual who already exists in 15Five show up in the sync— it just means we are updating their information to reflect any changes that have been made in BambooHR since the last sync. Check to ensure that anyone who should be excluded based on filters are not in this list.
- You can also use the blue arrow to open an individual’s BambooHR profile directly from this page by clicking the purple icon to the left of their name and status.
- If everything looks good, click the orange Start BambooHR import button.
- You will be taken to the same loading screen as before. It shouldn't take long. Once the sync completes, you will see a note telling you that it was successful.
- If you want to view the sync history, click the Back to all History link. On the history page, you will see a list of all syncs, successful and unsuccessful.
If your organization is integrated with BambooHR using our legacy BambooHR integration, rather than the HRIS connector, use this section to understand filtering options.
BambooHR, by default, will import all profiles that the API key can access. However, you can limit the profiles that get synced from BambooHR using filters. Filters are added by our Support Team and cannot be added by account administrators within the application.
If you would like to add or remove a filter, please have an account admin email us at support@15Five.com with the names of the exclusion or inclusion filters you want to use, as well as the exact names of the departments, locations, divisions, employment statuses, and/or emails you want to exclude/include as they appear in BambooHR.
Inclusive filter options:
Exclusive filter options:
Exclusion filters override inclusion filters. So, if an individual is included by the use of an inclusion filter, but is also part of a department that is excluded, they will ultimately be excluded.
Troubleshooting, Support, and FAQs
This section contains troubleshooting and support for 15Five's legacy BambooHR integration.
Help Center article 💡: 'Manage people' page: Active, Inactive, and Deactivated
Help Center article 💡: Skip Check-ins with vacations