One way we "Find the Leverage" around creating and monitoring objectives is through our Core Values of Cultivate Health & Vitality, Keep Things Simple, Always Be Learning and Growing, Maximize Our Zone of Genius, and Dare to Dream. You can read more on our Core Values here.
How do I create a self-development objective?
1. Click on the 'Objectives' tab in your top navigation bar.
2. Click on the 'Create a new objective' button.
3. Name your objective.
4. Choose an objective owner.
5. Under 'Who is this objective for?', select 'A Person'.
6. Under 'What type of objective is this?', select Self-development.
7. Create key results to measure your Objective under the 'What are your key results?' section. Key results can be measured in percentage, dollar, number, or completed/not completed. Other currencies can be found by clicking '...' .
8. Add your privacy settings; Public, 15Five permissions, or Specific-people (always includes you + your manager, as well as anyone else you choose). For more information on these settings, see this article.
9. You may see a question titled 'Who can update and edit this objective?'. This option, if enabled, allows you to add groups or people as editors for the objective. Adding people in this section will allow the selected people and/or groups to edit, manage, update, and delete your objective. Use cases for this option: team objectives, objectives being worked on cross collaterally, objectives managed by two teammates.
10. Finish your objective by clicking the 'Create objective' button.