OK, you accepted a peer nomination, or two, or four. What comes next? It is time to write the actual review and submit it. Your job as a peer is to include information about your coworker’s development, including constructive feedback to help them increase performance and goal orientation. To learn more about giving effective feedback, see this article.
If you are looking to nominate yourself as someone else's peer, also known as peer initiated peer reviews, see this article. Depending on the option that your review admin(s) took when creating the cycle, the peer reviews will either be participant-driven (you nominating teammates as peers) or peer-driven (teammates writing peer reviews of you without any nomination process).
Peer review acceptance and submission: process overview
- You have accepted peer nominations and now it is time to write your peer reviews.
- Peer reviews can be submitted up until the cycle end date or until the peer's review has been finalized- whichever comes first.
- Complete your peer reviews and remember to submit.
- The peer's manager will receive a notification that you have completed a peer review.
- The peer's manager will look over your peer review and can remove items that are not constructive.
- Depending on the review cycle's settings, this peer's manager may or may not be able to see the peer review author (you).
- Your peer reviews will not be shared with the co-worker you reviewed until their manager shares the results. This usually is the very last step in the review cycle.
- On the flip side: Your peers will complete their review of you during this same window. When your manager decides to 'Share results', you will be able to see the peer reviews that were written about you.
Complete your peer review(s)
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Best-Self Review'.
3. Click on the active cycle that applies.
4. Click on the 'Peer nominations' tab at the top of your page.
5. And then click on 'My nominations'.
6. Scroll to the 'Peer who have nominated you' section.
7. Find the person whose peer review you are ready to write and click 'Go to peer review'.
From the 'Overview' tab, you will see a button labeled 'Write peer reviews'. You can also click this button to complete your peer reviews.
8. It's time to write up the peer review. Fill in all fields with your feedback.
9. From within the peer review, you will be able to see if the review is anonymous or transparent; meaning is your identity hidden or visible to the peer you're writing a review of?
10. Remember to submit when the peer review is complete. 😎