Do you want your people to have the ability to follow other's objectives? Why would you want that? Well, if people had visibility into objectives and key results that they didn't own and were able to track changes in the objectives as they are made, it would ensure that these objectives stay top of mind. This is especially great for companies with high collaboration and for people who want to stay up to date on an objective's latest progress. If this sounds like something that your team could use, keep reading to enable the setting.
Success Center article 🗒: Follow an objective
The objective owner cannot restrict who can follow their objective if the objective is public or if the person wanting to follow it has permission to view the objective.
Enable/disable Following Objectives
1. Click on 'Settings' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Features' to expand the feature settings.
3. Last, click on 'Objectives'.
4. Click on the down arrow to open Following Objectives settings.
Public objectives can be followed by anyone with Objectives access.
15Five permissions and Specific people/Private objectives can be followed by anyone who has permission to view the objective and has Objectives access.
5. Toggle the 'Enable following Objectives' option On or Off. It will be Off by default.
6. Remember to save your setting.