This article walks through how to add and reassign action items on your 1-on-1 agenda. Action items are tasks that a 1-on-1 participant is responsible for completing. Once you create an action item, it is automatically assigned to you — the person who added the action item — but can be assigned to the other 1-on-1 participant.
In this article, you will learn...
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to 1-on-1s.
👥 This article is relevant to all roles.
📦 This feature is available in the Perform, Total Platform, and Focus (legacy) pricing packages.
Create an action item
You can create an action item either within a 1-on-1 agenda or from your homepage by following the steps below.
- Click 1-on-1s in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- Click on the name of the person whose 1-on-1 agenda you want to add an action item to.
- If you're creating a 1-on-1 agenda from scratch, click Start crafting my 1-on-1.
- Click Add an action item in the "New action items" section of your 1-on-1 agenda.
- Type your action item and click Enter.
- The action item will be immediately assigned to you. To reassign it to the other 1-on-1 participant, please refer to the next section of this article.
The homepage in 15Five is your one-stop destination for staying on top of your most important priorities, communicating with your manager and team, and achieving your work goals with ease. When you create an action from your homepage, you can easily add it to your 1-on-1 agenda as an action item by following the steps below. To read more about creating actions and other Action types, please see this article.
- Click Home in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- Click Create action at the top of your Actions List.
- Type your action. This text field supports rich-text formatting.
Change the Action type to "Action." Actions are tasks that you need to complete.
Assign an impacted person. You are automatically set as the owner of the action. Click the + icon in the bottom, right-hand corner of the action box to select the user that the action impacts. When you assign an impacted person, the action will also appear on their Actions List.
Only individuals who appear in your People list will appear as options to select here. To add someone to your People list, follow these steps.
Select a due date. Click the calendar icon to set a date for when the action should be completed/resolved by.
Add the action to your 1-on-1 agenda. Add the action to your 1-on-1 with the impacted individual by clicking the dialogue box icon.
Save the action. Once you're done, click Enter on your keyboard to save the action. You'll see a notification on the screen informing you that it was successfully created.
At this point, the action will appear in your Actions List and that of the impacted person. It will also appear in your current 1-on-1 agenda with the impacted person. Any updates made to the action from the homepage will be automatically reflected in the 1-on-1 agenda and vice versa.
- Reassign the action. The action will be immediately assigned to you. To reassign it to the other 1-on-1 participant, please refer to the next section of this article.
Assign an action item to another person
Once you create an action item, you can reassign it by following the steps below. The person who owns the action item should be the person who is responsible for completing it.
- After adding the action item, click on the avatar next to the item and select the other 1-on-1 participant.
- 1-on-1 agendas are saved in real-time, so no need to save your changes! The action item will appear in the 1-on-1 agenda and on the homepage of the person it's assigned to, so it can stay top-of-mind for the responsible party.