Our goal with the Questions dashboard is to provide you with the insights you need regarding questions, to drive adoption and increase engagement. The dashboards give you quick visuals into question and answer rates, while the specific reports allow you to dig into and interact with each answer. We hope that using this data increases the value that 15Five brings to your people.
Account administrators can see all metric data. Account administrators can see content for only those people whose Check-ins they have permission view. Reviewers can see metric data and content for only those people whose Check-ins they have permission to view. In this case, content means text answers to questions on Check-ins.
The 'Questions dashboard' gives you insight into how questions are being answered on Check-ins. The Questions dashboard focuses on three key indicators of questions usage:
- Overall answer rate: Gives you an overall look at whether or not questions (required and optional) are being answered in Check-ins, given your selected time filter. Seeing a dip on your graph or in comparison to last month? Perhaps it’s time to freshen up the questions. Seeing an increase? What questions have you introduced to help boost this trend?
- Optional answer rate: Gives you an overall look at whether or not optional questions are being answered in Check-ins, given your selected time filter. A more focused approach on the optional questions.
- Answers with comments: Out of all submitted answers for your time frame, what percentage of those answers have at least one comment? According to Gallup, when managers provide weekly (vs. annual feedback), people are 5.2x more likely to "strongly agree" they receive meaningful feedback. Now you can easily see how often managers are commenting on answers, as well as watch for trends week over week or month over month.
Questions report: Metrics
To support the Priorities dashboard, there are two metrics reports that allows you to dive deeper into the usage data of Priorities. To get to these metrics reports, click on See individual metrics or See group metrics at the bottom of your Questions dashboard. Here are the columns we provide in this report:
- Questions answered: The number of questions answered on a submitted Check-in out of all questions on that Check-in during the selected period of time.
- Answer rate: The percentage of all questions answered vs all questions asked over the selected period of time. In other words, take the 'Questions answered' stat and divide to turn it into a percentage.
- Avg questions per Check-in: The average number of questions asked per Check-in for the selected period of time.
- Reviewer comment rate: The percent of answers with at least one comment from the reporter’s reviewer during the time period selected.
- Reviewer like rate: The percent of answers with at least one like from the reporter’s reviewer during the time period selected.
- Avg Company-wide questions per Check-in: The average number of company-wide questions that are asked per Check-in during the selected time period.
- Avg group questions per Check-in: The average number of group questions that are asked per Check-in during the selected time period.
- Avg individual questions per Check-in: The average number of individual questions that are asked per Check-in during the selected time period.
- 15Fives submitted: The number of submitted Check-ins out of the number of created Check-ins for the individual or group during the selected time period.
- 15Fives reviewed: The number of Check-ins reviewed out of the number of Check-ins submitted for the individual or group during the selected time period.
- Due day: The day of the week that the individual’s Check-in is due (not available on group view).
- Reporting frequency: The frequency in which an individual is required to fill out a Check-in (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly).
- Avg pulse: The average pulse of the individual or members of the group based on the submitted Check-ins due within the selected time frame.
- Last seen: The last time the individual was active in 15Five (not available on group view).
Questions report: Answers
Now that you know the metrics, how do you take action? It's hugely important to not only see the answers to specific questions, but to be able to easily interact with them through comments and likes. Finding the right question(s) is only half the battle; seeing the answers and interacting with them is where change takes place. To get to this answers report, click on See answers to questions under your 'Question answer rate' graph.
As you search through both active and inactive questions, you can see stats of how many answers were submitted for that question, when the question was last answered, and the scope of the question (company-wide, specific group(s) or individuals). Use the filters or the search option to find the question you're looking for.
Viewing and interacting with answers
You found the question you were looking for. Now it's time to view all the answers using the View answers link to the right of the question. Feel free to drill down to a specific period of time and/or specific people that answered the question.
From the list of answers, you can click directly on an answer to comment or like.
You can also use the ... to the right of the answer to complete any of the actions you would normally be able to do from that person's Check-in, like adding to a 1-on-1 agenda or passing it up.
Downloading questions and answers
From either the list of questions or the answers themselves, you can easily download all or a selection of questions and answers in XLSX or CSV format.