When starting with 15Five, account admins will notice that some attributes, such as name, email, location, and timezone, are included on individual account settings pages by default. If your company tracks/needs attributes in addition to the defaults, account administrators can use the custom attribute option to create them. Some examples of custom attributes may include tenure date, compensation range, T-shirt size, etc.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to create a custom attribute
- How to edit or delete an existing custom attribute
- How to fill custom attribute fields for employees (one-off or in bulk)
Access and availability
Create an attribute
Follow the steps below to create a custom attribute one-off. You also have the option to create and update custom attributes at the same time in bulk.
- Click on the 'Settings' gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'People' from the dropdown menu.
- You'll land on the 'Manage people' page. From here, click on the 'Attributes' tab at the top of the page.
- You are now on the 'Manage attributes' page, which lists all default and custom attributes for your organization. Click on the Create a new attribute button.
- Fill out a name, format, and description for your attribute. You can create the attribute to accept either text answers (a mix of letters and numbers) or dates (MM/DD/YYYY).
- Select permissions settings for the attribute. Account admins can view and edit all custom attribute fields by default. You can use the boxes next to 'Hierarchy' opt to allow managers to view or edit custom attribute fields for people in their hierarchy. If you check the boxes next to 'Everyone,' everyone who has access to a person's account settings can either view or edit the attribute fields for that individual.
If you want to create a sensitive attribute like "Performance level" that dictates whether the employee is a high, average, or low performer, you may want to limit the permissions for who can view and edit that attribute.
- Click Create attribute for the attribute to be added.
- Your attribute will now appear on the 'Manage attributes' page and on individual account settings pages under 'Additional information.'
Edit or delete a custom attribute
- Go to the 'Manage attributes' page.
- Click '...' to the right of the attribute you want to edit, then select 'Edit' or 'Delete' from the dropdown menu.
Fill custom attribute fields for employees
Once a custom attribute has been added, people's attributes can be managed individually from the 'Manage people' page (better for smaller-scale updates) or in bulk via CSV import (better for mass updates or updating groups).
Fill attributes one-off
You can fill attribute fields for employees one-off by following the steps in our "Update a person's account settings" Help Center article.
Bulk update custom attributes
You can bulk update custom attributes for employees by following the steps in our "Bulk update custom attributes" Help Center article.