15Five's Feedback feature allows individuals to share and request feedback on specific topics from coworkers. This article walks through how to share feedback with either a colleague and their manager, or a colleague's manager.
In this article, you will learn...
Resources for giving good feedback
Are you familiar with what good feedback is and how to give it? If you'd like a quick refresher, check out these resources:
- Blog post ✍️: 9 Ways to Give Effective Employee Feedback (6 min)
- Blog post ✍️: (6 min)
Share feedback in 15Five
- Click on Feedback in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation.
- Click on the orange Give feedback button in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
- Use the "Who would you like to give feedback to?" dropdown menu to select the name of the person you want to share feedback with.
- Use the feedback form to provide feedback to your teammate. If you're looking for inspiration, consider this tips:
First, separate positive and constructive feedback. Surrounding constructive feedback with positive feedback may feel better for the giver, but is confusing for the receiver.
Second, use this one sentence to make feedback 40% more effective: “I am giving you these comments because I have very high expectations and I know you can reach them.”
Finally, for feedback to be effective, keep it about the work— not the person. First describe the situation, then name your feeling (“I feel...”), then make your request (“I need...”).
- Under "Who will see this feedback," select whether you want to share the feedback with the person and their manager, or only their manager.
- Finish the process by clicking Give feedback. The feedback will be shared immediately. It will also appear in your own feed on the feedback dashboard.
📖 Related articles
- Learn about 15Five's Feedback feature
- How to request feedback from a colleague
- How to view your requested feedback
- How to respond to a feedback request