If you have a large staff, 15Five can help you keep your reports in order by creating groups. Some companies have the need for different types of groups, other than just 'Groups' or 'Departments'. For example, you might have Squads, Divisions, Locations, Teams, etc. These subsets of your company should be created as 'Group types'. Within each of those group types, you will create groups. For example, you might have an 'R&D' group under the type 'Squads', a 'North America' group under the type 'Divisions', a 'New York' group under the type 'Locations', etc. Below are the steps to create group types and groups.
If you would like to learn more about the group permissions and visibility, please read this article. If you are a reviewer would like your team to be automatically managed as a group, read more about Smart Groups.
Create a group and/or group type
1. Click on 'Settings' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'People' to expand the people settings.
3. Last, click on 'Manage groups'.
4. You will see two default Group types- 'Groups' and 'Departments'. If those two groups suffice for your company structure, you can skip ahead to step 7. If you need to create additional group types, process to steps 5 & 6.
If you are a reviewer, you can also skip ahead to step 7.
'Departments' is the default group type that we included to give you a head start on your group organization. Feel free to rename 'Departments' to a group type title that is applicable for your company.
5. Create an additional group type by clicking the 'Create a new group type' button. Again, this functionality is only available to company admin.
6. Name your group type and 'Save'.
8. Click the 'Create a new group' button.
9. Name your group.
10. Double check that the group is being created under the correct 'Group type'.
11. Select a group admin. (This field is optional.)
12. Add group members.
13. Choose the settings for your group.
Success Center article 🗒: Set permissions and visibility for my group
Success Center article 🗒: Using questions to gather insights
Success Center article 🗒: Set priorities and track accomplishments 14. Make sure to click 'Create group' when you're done!