The power of peer recognition shouldn't be underestimated. High Fives are a great tool that allow employees to show each other appreciation whenever they do something awesome. 🖐
Users can give high fives to individuals or groups by @mentioning them. If you don't see the option to @mention when giving a Hive Five, this article will help you set that feature up.
Science 🔬: High Fives
Ways to give a High Five in 15Five:
#1 Give a High Five from your current 15Five. The option to give a High Five will be included in the last section of your 15Five. This High Five will be sent once the 15Five is submitted.
#2 Give a High Five in real time on the High Fives dashboard. Click on the High Fives tab to give a High Five in real time!
- High Fives given from the dashboard will be public
- It's not possible to give private High Fives from the dashboard- private High Fives can only be given from a user's 15Five
- Once a High Five is given, an email will be sent notifying the recipient, and the High Five will appear on the dashboard feed. The most recent High Fives are visible at the top of the feed
- If you give a High Five from the dashboard it will appear on your current 15Five in a read-only format. When your 15Five is submitted, only High Fives given from within your 15Five will trigger notification emails to the recipients
2. Give your High Five!
#3 Give a High-Five in Slack. You can give a High Five right while you are in Slack. Just click on any channel and type the command: /highfive
#4 (Managers/Reviewers only): High Five while reviewing your direct report's 15Five. Manager High Fives have proven to be the most memorable, according to a recent Gallup survey. Make the process of giving your direct reports High Fives a seamless process.
1. Click on the '15Fives' tab.
2. Click on 'Team 15Fives'.
3. Find the check-in you want to review.
4. In the 'High Fives' section, you will see the option to High Five your direct report. You can also choose whether you would like to make the High Five public or private.
Private High Fives
- When you give a Private High Five, the recipient will be notified by email and can add a comment or like the High Five. Neither your Reviewer nor anyone else using 15Five can see the Private High Five you gave: it’s private between you and the recipient
- You can only give a Private High Five to one person at a time. Private High Fives are not available for group High Fives or multi-person High Fives
- Private High Fives do not appear on the High Five Dashboard feed
- Private High Fives will not be shared to public Slack channels
- The ability to give private High Fives is not yet available on iOS
1. From within your 15Five, draft your High Five. Then click the 'Public' drop down menu to the right of your High Five.
2. Choose the 'Private High Five' option. Once that option has been selected, your High Five should show a lock symbol to the right of your text. That is your confirmation that the High Five is private.