The most common and the recommended Check-in frequency is weekly. However, the frequency (referred to in-app as "Check-in period") can be customized to fit the needs of your organization. Options for Check-in frequency include weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
In this article, you will learn how to...
If you'd like to change the Check-in due day for one or more people, check out our "Change Check-in due day" Help Center article.
Account administrators are able to change the Check-in frequency of anyone in their organization, and can do so either via bulk import or individually from within a person's account settings. Reviewers can change Check-in frequency for their direct reports, and can only do so individually from within a person's account settings.
If you'd like to change the default frequency for everyone in your company, please reach out to 15Five's Support Team.
Change Check-in frequency via bulk import
1. Click the 'Settings' gear in the top right-hand corner of 15Five.
3. Click 'Import' in the top navigation bar.
4. You are now on the bulk import page. Scroll down to check out the full list of attributes that can be updated via CSV. The relevant columns for updating Check-in frequency are listed below:
- The required 'email' column should include the email address associated with the 15Five account of the person whose Check-in frequency you want to change.
- The 'due_day' column only needs to be included if you're changing a person's Check-in due day (the default due day is Friday).
Options include: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- The 'due_day_week' column only needs to be included if you're changing a person's Check-in frequency to biweekly or monthly. If monthly, this column should indicate whether the Check-in is due on the first, second, third, fourth, or last week of the month. If the Check-in period is biweekly, this column indicates whether the Check-in is due on odd weeks (1st & 3rd weeks of the month) or even weeks (2nd & 4th weeks of the month).
Options include: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Last, Odd, or Even.
- The required 'check_in_period' column dictates the how frequently Check-ins will be generated for a person.
Options include: Weekly, Biweekly, or Monthly.
If you're interested in updating additional attributes or are looking for bulk import best practices, check out our full "Bulk import or update people" Help Center article.
5. Create your bulk import CSV using the columns and options outlined in step #4. At minimum, your CSV should include the 'email' and 'check_in_period' fields. If you need an example bulk import CSV to work from, a downloadable template can be found at the bottom of this page.
6. Click Choose file and find the CSV from your computer that you would like to import. Please note: the file must be in UTF-8 CSV format.
7. Once you have selected the file that you want to import, a 'Preview import' screen will appear. Review the changes to be made, then click Finish import.
Change Check-in frequency for an individual
- Click on the Settings menu at the upper right corner of your 15Five account.
- Select 'People' from the dropdown menu.
- You'll land on the 'Manage people' page. From here, use the search bar at the top of the age to search the name of the person whose Check-in frequency you'd like to change. Click on their name to open their account settings.
- Within the person's account settings, click the drop-down menu below 'Check-in period', and change the frequency—Same as company (weekly), Weekly, Every other week, or Monthly. Choose Same as company if you want the frequency to updated when the company's Check-in period is updated.
- Click Save. You're done!
Check out these additional resources ⬇️
- Help Center article 💡: Bulk import or update people
- Help Center article 💡: Video resources: getting started, setup, and configuration
- Blog post 🗒: 3 Mistakes That Can Defeat The Purpose Of Weekly Check-ins