Notifications are an important part of 15Five— they allow you to go about your day and alert you when something happens that requires your attention. You can control which notifications you receive from your settings. If your company is integrated with Slack, you can also opt to receive notifications in your Slack account.
In this article, you will learn...
Account admins can manage notifications for anyone in the company, and direct managers can manage notifications for anyone in their hierarchy. To manage notifications for others, go to the 'Manage people' page and click on the name of the person you want to manage settings for, then start at step #3 below.
Manage my email and Slack notifications
- Click on the Settings gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'My settings' (in-app link) from the top of the dropdown menu.
- Click to open the 'Notifications' (in-app link) tab in the top navigation to open your notification preferences.
- On this page, you'll see a full list of personal notifications that you can manage, along with an 'Email' column and a 'Slack' column (only applicable if your company is integrated with Slack). To turn off all notifications for either email or Slack, toggle the switch at the top of the column to 'Off'.
- Go through the list and decide which notifications you want to receive, and through which method. If a box is greyed out, that means you are not able to disable it either due to company notification settings or 15Five default settings.
- Once you're done, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Access my notifications
- Email notifications will be sent to the email address you use for 15Five.
- Slack notifications will appear in the 'Messages' tab of the 15Five app in your Slack account.
- In-app notifications can be accessed by clicking the Bell icon next to your avatar in the top, right-hand corner of your 15Five account. In-app notifications do not need to be enabled— you will receive all notifications to your 15Five account by default.