This article walks through how to utilize the 15Five <> Slack integration as an individual contributor.
In this article, you will learn...
- What you can do with the 15Five <> Slack integration
- How to add the 15Five app in your Slack account
- How to use the 15Five app
- Receive 15Five notifications in Slack
- Give a High Five using the /highfive command
- Comment on or like a Check-in comment, priority, or high five
- Add a priority to your current Check-in
- Mark a priority as complete
- Copy a priority to your next Check-in
- Edit or remove a priority
- End a 1-on-1
- Add a Slack message to an upcoming or scheduled 1-on-1 as a talking point
- Request feedback from a teammate using the /request-feedback command
- Respond to a feedback request
Use the 15Five app in Slack
You must use the same email address for your Slack account and 15Five account to install the 15Five app.
If Slack is enabled for your company and has been successfully integrated, the 15Five app can be added to your Slack account. Adding the 15Five app to your Slack account allows you to manage 15Five items via Slack and receive notifications via Slack. Below are the steps to adding the 15Five app to your Slack account, interacting with the 15Five app in Slack, and a list of the capabilities of the Slack and 15Five integration.
Add the 15Five app to your Slack account
- Scroll down to the 'Apps' section in the lefthand side of your Slack account, then click Add apps.
- Search for "15Five" and click on the application.
- Confirm that the 15Five app now appears under the 'Apps' section of your Slack account.
Navigate the 15Five app
When you click on the 15five app in your Slack account, you will be taken to your 15Five homepage for Slack. At the top, you will see 'Home', 'Messages', and 'About' tabs.
- My Check-ins: The due date of your upcoming Check-in, along with the priorities for your current Check-in period.
- Team's Check-ins (managers only): Your team's Check-ins that are ready for review.
- Objectives: Your current objectives and key results, along with objective information including how much time remains until the due date, status, and completion percentage.
- 1-on-1s: Dates and links to your upcoming 1-on-1s, along with current 1-on-1 action items assigned to you.
- Best-Self Review®: Any actions that you need to complete in current review cycles.
The 'Messages' tab contains all Slack messages received regarding 15Five, as well as all Slack notifications that are enabled for your account.
Anywhere you see a black button, you can click on it to take action. For example, you can use the Mark complete button next to any priority to mark it as complete.
Anywhere you see a green button, you can click on it to open the action in 15Five. For example, you can use the Complete Check-in button under a Check-in submission reminder to open your current Check-in in 15Five.
The 'About' tab contains all information about the 15Five app for Slack, including what information is shared and a list of 15Five-specific commands you can use in Slack.