If you need to change your 15Five password, or if you forgot your password and need to reset it, this article is for you.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to change your password from within your account settings
- How to reset your password (if you forgot it)
- Troubleshooting steps to take if you don't receive a reset password email
Related Help Center article 💡: Sign in to 15Five
Change your password
If you are already logged into your 15Five account and need to change your current password, you can do from your account settings by following the steps below. If you can't get into your account and need to reset your password, continue to the next section of this article.
- Click on the 'Settings' gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'My settings' from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the Password option and click Change. It is below your email address.
- Enter your old password and new password, then click Change password.
Reset your password
Did you forget your password? Request a password reset email by following the steps below.
A password reset email will not be sent if the email does not exist in 15Five, your account has been deactivated, if your company has been deactivated, or if your company uses SSO.
- Go to https://my.15five.com/ and click on Forgot password?
- Enter in your email address and click on Reset password.
- 15Five will send an email with a link to reset your password— look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "15Five Password Reset". Check your spam or junk folder if you cannot find the email. If you still don't see it, continue to the next section of this article for troubleshooting steps.
If you find that you often forget your password and you have a Gmail account, try setting up your account to sign in with Google.
Troubleshooting: why didn't I receive a password reset email?
There are several reasons why an individual may not receive a password reset email. Those reasons are outlined below, along with follow-up steps you can take to access your account.
The email is in your spam or junk folder
It's possible that the password reset email you requested was sent to your spam or junk folder. Try looking there for an email from email@example.com with the title "15Five Password Reset".
Your team uses Single Sign-On (SSO)
If your organization uses SSO to log into 15Five and doesn't allow for email/password login, you will not receive a password reset email. A good way to tell if your company uses SSO is to go to https://my.15five.com/ and type in your email address and a random password. If your company uses SSO, you will see an error that says, "You need to sign in via SAML single sign-on. Please navigate to your company's sign in page."
To log in via SSO, follow the steps in our "Sign in to 15Five" Help Center article.
You're trying to log in using the wrong email address
If you provide an email address that isn't associated with an active 15Five account, you will not receive a password reset email. If you use a different email address for work, try logging in using that email address. If you still don't receive a password reset email, reach out to your manager and ask them what email address is on file for you in 15Five.
Your personal account or your company's account is inactive or your trial has expired
If your account or your company's account has been deactivated, or if your company's 15Five trial has expired, you will not receive an email. Reach out to the person who manages your company's 15Five account to see if your account or your company as a whole's account are deactivated, or email support@15Five.com and we can provide that information.
Still not receiving a password reset email?
Reach out to our Customer Support Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information about any troubleshooting you've already completed in your email.