Your direct reports' peers have submitted their peer reviews. Now it is your turn as their manager to review what the peers said about your direct reports' progress.
Peer review process overview
- Once a peer review has been submitted for one of your direct reports, either participant initiated or peer initiated, you will receive an in-app notification. These are peer reviews that have been written about your direct report(s).
- After submission/notification, you can open the peer review. As a manager, you do have the ability to remove feedback that is not constructive on these peer reviews (if the setting is enabled for the review cycle).
- There is also a setting that review admins can enable which hides all peer feedback from being shared verbatim with the participant. If this setting is enabled for the cycle, you will see a note at the top of the peer reviews letting you know that the participant (your direct report) will not see the peer answers verbatim and that you should include the peer feedback in your summary.
- If you are an additional manager for a participant, you will also be able to view peer reviews upon submission. Anyone that you are an additional manager for will appear under the 'My team' filter on the cycle overview page. Use the same steps as below to view submitted peer reviews.
- Depending on the review settings, the identity of the peer review author may be hidden from you.
- Peer reviews are not visible to the direct report until you 'Share results'. This usually is the very last step in the review cycle. If peer reviews are hidden from the participant, they will never see the peer answers verbatim, even after you have shared the results.
- You will not be able to edit/remove feedback from the peer review once results have been shared.
- If peer reviews are not submitted before you finalize the review, they cannot be submitted. Keep this in mind as you finalize your direct reports' reviews.
View peer reviews for your team
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Best-Self Review'.
3. Click on the active cycle that applies.
4. From the 'Overview' tab, you will see a menu with options 'Me', 'My team', 'My hierarchy', and 'Whole company'. Depending on your role and the visibility settings for the cycle, you may not see 'My hierarchy' and 'Whole company'.
5. Click the 'My team' option.
6. Scroll down to 'Review progress' for your team, click the '...' next to the participant whose peer reviews you want to view, and then click 'View'.
7. There will be a 'Peer' tab after the 'Self' tab.
If you have a large number of direct reports participating, you can also search for a specific person in the search field and then complete steps 5-6.
8. If peer reviews are hidden from the participant, your direct report, you will see this note. The peer reviews are only hidden from the participant, and not from review admins, the hierarchy, or an additional manager if applicable. It is a reminder of the visibility settings and also a reminder to include the peer feedback in your summary of answers. It is important that the peer review results be conveyed to the participant in order to maintain a fair and objective review.