Key results are required for all objectives. Sometimes your key results are bigger/more involved than you originally anticipated. Maybe your key result needs to have its own key results- aka the key result needs to actually be a child objective instead of a key result. If you have a key result that needs to be converted into a child objective and have additional key results assigned to it, you are in the right place.
Convert a key result to a child objective
1. Click on Objectives from the left navigation.
2. You will land on the 'All objectives' page.
3. Click on the objective that contains the key result you want to convert to a child objective.
4. Once on the objective's details page, click on the ... to the right of the key result you want to convert to a child objective and then click Convert to child objective.
5. Fill out all information, including names and details for your key results. A detailed walkthrough of how to create an aligned objective can be found here.
6. After all fields are completed, click Create objective.
Once you convert a key result to a child objective, it will show under the parent objective as a child objective. Additionally, you will be able to view the child objectives in your 'Objectives' tab by finding and expanding the parent objective.
Success Center article 🗒: Manage objectives