15Five's AI Assisted Reviews tool is a review-writing assistant, powered by Spark AI, that helps Managers and Additional managers write performance reviews for their direct reports. This tool uses data from across the 15Five platform to provide managers with AI-powered starting points for writing reviews— making review season easier, faster, and more fair for everyone.
In this article, you will learn...
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to Best-Self Review® and Spark AI.
👥 This article is relevant to Managers and Additional managers.
📦 This feature is available in the Total Platform pricing package.
What are AI Assisted Reviews?
15Five's AI Assisted Reviews tool aims to transform the performance review process by eliminating bias, enhancing fairness, and saving valuable time. By analyzing data collected throughout the entire review period, we provide managers with a comprehensive and unbiased assessment of their employees' performance over time.
Using AI Assisted Reviews, managers can start their reviews with objective, factual data, significantly reducing the effort required to draft reviews from scratch. Say goodbye to recency bias and hello to fast, fair, and thoughtful performance evaluations with AI from 15Five! Your managers will thank you for the head start this review season.
This tool helps managers with the following aspects of writing reviews:
Spark AI thoroughly examines an employee's data for the review period, including reviews submitted about them in the current review cycle and insights from 15Five features. Using this data, it generates a summary highlighting the employee's strengths and opportunities, which managers can use to guide them as they complete their manager review.
Using relevant data, Spark AI creates a well-rounded first draft for review questions. These AI-generated drafts provide a valuable starting point for writing performance reviews, significantly reducing the time and effort needed to draft these documents from scratch and giving managers more time to create thoughtful, constructive, and fair performance evaluations.
Spark AI assists in refining and rewording the drafted content, providing managers with a seamless and efficient way to enhance their performance reviews.
Help Center article 💡: Use Spark AI to draft my manager review
Reduce Bias: By analyzing data collected throughout the review period, this feature minimizes the impact of bias (like recency, gender, idiosyncratic rater bias) ensuring a more comprehensive and fair assessment of an employee's performance over time.
Save Managers Significant Time: AI provides managers with a valuable starting point for writing performance reviews, significantly reducing the time and effort needed to draft these documents from scratch, and giving them more time to create thoughtful, constructive, and fair performance evaluations.
Increase Manager Effectiveness: AI Assisted Reviews help encourage the right behaviors to make your managers more effective. Like utilizing OKRs, engaging with their teams regularly through check-ins, recognizing them with High Fives, having 1-on-1 meetings, etc. These practices not only make the performance review process much simpler but also contribute to an increase in engagement and retention on their teams.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are a few reasons you may not see AI Assisted Reviews in your account:
- Your organization isn't on a plan that includes AI Assisted Reviews: The AI Assisted Reviews tool is only available in 15Five's Total Platform pricing plan.
- AI Assisted Reviews aren't enabled in your company account: Account admins can enable or disable the AI Assisted Reviews tool in Spark AI feature settings. Please reach out to one of your Account admins if you think you should have access but don't see the tool in your 15Five account.
- You aren't a Manager: The AI Assisted Reviews tool is only available to Managers and Additional managers. Additionally, it is only available when writing manager or additional manager reviews (not self, peer, or upward reviews).
In addition to AI Assisted Reviews, Spark AI supports the following AI tools in 15Five:
- Manager Copilot: With this tool, managers can generate a summary of how their team is doing and receive actions and best practices proven to increase employee engagement, performance, and retention.
- Open-text feedback summaries in Engagement: With this tool, Leaders can automatically categorize and summarize open-text feedback from Engagement surveys into themes based on Engagement Drivers — saving hours and enabling leaders to quickly spot where their organization needs to take action.