15Five questions are fully customizable. If you need some inspiration on questions, you can use our Question Bank to easily ask a variety of questions designed to increase your performance, engagement, and culture. Otherwise, here are some details regarding creating questions, types of questions that are available, frequencies for questions, and more.
Create a new 15Five Question
3. Click on the 'Ask a new question' button.
4. You can choose from three options: Company-wide, Group-Specific, or Person-Specific.
5. Select the question type: Text, Yes/No, Numerical, Rating scale, Question Bank
6. Ask your question under the 'Question' label. This field is free text and allows you to input questions in another language! Hints, notes, directions, etc can be listed here as well.
7. Choose your frequency for the question; 'How often is the question asked?'.
8. You can choose to make the question optional or even post it to Slack
Success Center article 🗒: Integrate 15Five with Slack
9. Click 'Add new question'.
Who can I create a question for?
- Company wide: These questions are available to all users.
- Group Specific: These questions are just for specific groups.
- Person Specific: These questions are just for specific people.
Setting up group questions
1. Click on your avatar in the top right hand corner.
What types of questions can I create?
- Plain text: These are regular plain text questions with no formatting.
- Yes/No: These questions are for simple Yes/No responses.
- Numerical: Metric questions are quantitative question types that work with our visual trend/poll dashboards to aggregate and analyze your data. This option is only available on 15Five Plus. With 15Five Plus you can ask, measure, and manage just about about anything you can think of for your team.
- Rating scale: This allows you to ask scalable questions.
- Question Bank: We provide a list of Questions for you to ask your team so you can always keep your questions fresh.
Success Center article 🗒: Inspiration for metric based questions
Setting up metric questions
Metric questions are quantitative question types that work with our visual trend/poll dashboards to aggregate and analyze your data. These question types allow you to ask a question on a 1-10 scale, a yes/no, access our question bank, or ask a simple numerical question.
This option is only available on 15Five Plus and Enterprise. With 15Five Plus and Enterprise Plans you can ask, measure, and manage just about about anything you can think of for your team.
1. Click on your avatar in the top right of the page.
2. Select 'Manage Questions'.
3. Add a new question and under the 'Select a question type', choose from Yes/No, Numerical or Rating scale.
What frequencies are available for questions?
You can also select the frequency of each question. Choosing a frequency other than "weekly" will cycle that question in and out of 15Five based on your desired timing.
When creating a question, you will choose the frequency under “How often is this question asked?”. Choose the frequency that works best for your company and the reporting period which you would like to first see the question appear. Question frequencies can be changed over time by editing the question(s).
Frequency Options for Questions
- Show in every 15Five: question will appear on every report
- This is a one-time question: choose which reporting period you want the question to appear on, one time only
- Schedule this question: select the frequency and which report you would like the question to appear on. Scheduling questions in 15Five allows you to schedule questions in advance without impacting the current question line up. You can schedule questions weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly.
Question Queues also have frequencies. Click on the gear to the right of your Question queue section to see current settings and update. For more information on Question Queues, check out this article.
Want to analyze your team's answer to a question? Learn how to pull a custom report.