Are you trying to figure out what Check-in questions to ask your organization or team? Look no further! 15Five's Question bank is a collection of handpicked and research-backed questions to help you generate innovative solutions, uncover hidden roadblocks, build a great culture, and more.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to access the Question bank
- How to use category and question type filters to find the best Check-in questions to ask
- How to add a Question bank question to a Check-in
- Additional Check-in question resources
Permissions for creating questions are as follows: account administrators can create questions for anyone, group admins can create questions for group members, and direct managers can create questions for their direct reports. If you do not have account admin, group admin, or direct manager permissions in 15Five, you will see a 403 error when attempting to access the Question bank.
Access the Question bank
If you're logged into 15Five and you're an account admin, group admin, or direct manager, you can access the Question bank directly here, or follow the steps below to navigate to the Question bank in-app.
- Click on the 'Settings' gear in the top right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'Check-in questions' from the dropdown menu.
- Click Question bank in the top navigation bar.
Find the right questions to ask
When you open the question bank you'll notice that there are two filter options and a search field.
Filter by category to pull a list of questions aligned around specific topics- ranging from culture to engagement to recognition and appreciation.
Filter by question type to pull a list of either only text questions or only metric questions.
We recommend only adding up to five questions to individual Check-ins so Check-ins don't get too long. 15Five's name is derived from the idea that Check-ins should take around 15 minutes for employees to fill out, and managers should take around five minutes to review an employee's Check-in. You can see a list of all questions that appear or will appear on a person's Check-in for a specific reporting period using question preview.
Add a Question bank question to a Check-in
- Click the Set up button next to the question you'd like to add to Check-ins.
- You'll be directed to the 'Create a new question' screen. Make any changes to the question you want to make and select desired settings, then click Create new question. For more information about what question settings mean, refer to our "Manage Check-in questions" Help Center article.
Check out these additional resources ⬇️
- Help Center article 💡: Manage Check-in questions
- Help Center article 💡: Create and manage a question queue
- Help Center article 💡: Interact with Question preview
- Video 🎥: Create Check-in questions (5 min)
- Guide 📖: The Return of the Question Master: 60 Powerful Questions to Unlock Your Team’s Potential
- Blog post 📝: 13 Questions To Solicit High-Quality Employee Feedback
- Blog Post 📝: Ask Your Employees These Questions To Improve Workplace Culture & Team Performance
- Webinar 👩🏾💻: Question Management Strategy: 101 (40 min)