Complete summaries and close the review loop
Once the self, peer, manager, and upward reviews have been completed, the summary form will open up. The summary is a condensed version of all reviews that were conducted on the subject employee. The summary is due by the 'Share reviews' deadline.
15Five suggests meeting with your team before finalizing the results of the review cycle.
The ideal order of events is: complete the initial summary of your direct report, share the information from the review cycle with the employee using 'Share results', hold the final meeting, add on to or revise the summary itself and your summary notes, then finalize and share the review with your direct reports. We also suggest that managers first deliver feedback in person, to avoid the text being misinterpreted before the final results are shared.
- Manager will hold a final meeting with each employee. This meeting agenda should address the content of all reviews.
- Manager will make notes on the summary before sharing the results. The private notes in the Private manager assessment portion will not be visible to the employee.
- Once the Summary is ready to be released you can 'Share results'. Sharing results allows the employee to see all submitted reviews and the current information on the summary, but leaves the summary open for editing.
- After results have been shared and the final meeting has been held, managers will share results and finalize the review. At this point, editing will no longer be allowed.
To complete summaries for your team and finalize the results:
1. Go into your 'Reviews' tab in 15Five.
2. Click on the active cycle that applies.
3. From the 'Overview' tab, you will see 3 buttons labeled 'My reviews', 'My team', and 'Whole company'. If you do not have visibility through drill-down, you will not see 'Whole company'.
4. Click the 'My team' button.
5. Scroll down to 'Review progress' for your team, click the '...' next to the employee whose peer reviews you want to view, and then click 'View'.
6. The last tab will be titled 'Summary'. Complete this summary using the previously submitted reviews of the employee.
The Summary tab will show a lock icon until the self and manager reviews have been completed for the participant.
7. After entering your initial thoughts in the summary form, 15Five suggests using 'Share results' to release the information to the employee. This step will ideally take place before the final meeting is held.
8. Next, it's time to hold the final meeting with your direct report(s). The two of you can go over the review information that has already been shared. After this meeting takes place, managers can edit the summary, add additional information to the summary, and revise any notes on the summary. When the summary is ready to be finalized, click on 'Share results and finalize review'.