One way we "Find the Leverage" around creating and monitoring objectives is through our Core Values of Cultivate Health & Vitality, Keep Things Simple, Always Be Learning and Growing, Maximize Our Zone of Genius, and Dare to Dream. You can read more on our Core Values here.
Create a self-development objective
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Objectives'.
3. You will land on the 'All objectives' page.
4. Click on 'Create a new objective'.
5. Name your objective.
6. Select yourself as the owner.
7. Select who the objective is for. Self-develop objectives are for 'A person'.
8. Under 'What type of objective is this?', select Self-development.
9. If your Objectives tags are enabled for your company, you will see the option to add a tag or tags to your objective. If you are unsure what to tag your objective, it is best to leave the tags blank and either allow an admin to add the tag for you OR add in the tag by editing at a later date.
10. Create key results to measure your objective. Key results can be measured in percentage, dollar, number, or completed/not completed.
For additional currency values, click '...', 'Other currency', and use the drop-down to choose the currency that applies.
Make sure to give your key results a title or else your objective will not save.
11. Add your privacy settings; Public, 15Five permissions, or Specific-people (always includes you + your manager, as well as anyone else you choose). For more information on these settings, see this article.
12. You may see a question titled 'Who can update and edit this objective?'. This option, if enabled, allows you to add groups or people as editors for the objective. Adding people in this section will allow the selected people and/or groups to edit, manage, update, and delete your objective. Use cases for this option: team objectives, objectives being worked on cross collaterally, objectives managed by two teammates.
Objectives that you have been given access to edit will not appear on your 15Five. You will not receive a notification that you have been added as an editor. The objectives you are able to edit will need to be accessed through the 'All objectives' page. The same goes for giving access to other people/groups.
13. Finish your objective by clicking the 'Create objective' button.
Self-development objectives are not private objectives by default. You still need to choose your visibility settings when creating your self-development goal.