Before your organization gets started with 15Five, an account admin should set up your company's settings. If your settings change later on in your 15Five journey, you can also make edits as needed.
In this article, you will learn...
- How to manage your company's settings
Access and availability
Are you more of a visual learner? Check out this video walkthrough ⬇️
Manage company settings
- Click on the Settings gear in the top, right-hand corner of 15Five.
- Select 'Company settings' from the dropdown menu.
- You're now on the 'Company info' tab of the Company settings page. On this page, you'll see the option to navigate between the Company info, Vacations, Export, Notifications, Security audit, and SSO tabs.
Continue reading for steps on how to manage settings in each of these tabs.
You can manage the following sections in the 'Company info' tab.
- Company name: The name of your organization.
- Company location: Your organization's home base. This location is applied to everyone in your organization, but individual locations can be customized one-off within a person's account settings or for multiple people via bulk import.
- Company timezone: The timezone that correlates with the location where your organization is based. This location is applied to everyone in your organization, but individual timezones can be customized one-off within a person's account settings or for multiple people via bulk import.
Maximum number of people: The limit for people you want to be able to have paid 15Five seats in your organization. You can either set a maximum number of seats, or you can select "Unlimited". If you limit the number of people who can join your organization's 15Five instance, you can always deactivate an un-used account to free up a space.
This setting is especially important if your organization uses SSO to manage account membership and has just-in-time (JIT) provisioning enabled, as that setting allows anyone in your organization to create a 15Five account by logging into 15Five via SSO.
- Employee identifier: Select whether you want to use email or employee ID as the unique identifier for your employees. This setting only impacts CSV imports, SFTP, and HRIS integrations. It does not affect integrations that are not hosted in 15Five, such as ADP, SCIM, and SAML.
We recommend using employee ID as the employee identifier for your company. A person's employee ID is a static, unchanging form of identification, whereas their email address has the potential to change (such as in the case of a name change or a company domain change). By identifying your employees in 15Five by their employee ID, you prevent the chance of people losing access to their 15Five accounts and/or accidentally creating duplicate 15Five accounts following an email address change.
- Who has permission to add people to this account? Decide whether you only want account admins to have the ability to add new people to your organization's 15Five instance, or if you'd also like to grant managers the ability to add new people to 15Five. Please note that, if your organization uses an integration to manage 15Five users, you should add people via the integration, rather than one-off.
How should 15Five handle invite emails for bulk imports? Here, select whether you want people who are added to 15Five via bulk import to receive emails immediately upon adding them (and, thus, give them immediate access to 15Five), or if you'd prefer to send out invite emails manually later on and delay their access.
If you want to add people to 15Five before you set up your settings, we suggest that you select the "Don’t send invites immediately after import" option and send invites manually when you're ready for people to have access to 15Five.
- Invite email (subject line and email body): Use these fields to customize the invite email that is sent to new users when they're added to 15Five.
In this section, you can add your company's values. Company values are the guiding principles and beliefs that shape the culture, decision-making, and behavior of an organization. They are the foundation on which a company's mission and vision are built, and they represent what the organization stands for and what it aspires to be. In 15Five, added company values can be used as hashtags in High Fives and/or included in question templates for Best-Self Review® cycles. Learn more about company values.
- Logo: Upload your company's logo if you'd like for it to replace 15Five's company logo in the top, left-hand corner of your organization's 15Five account.
Use the 'Vacations' tab to set company-wide vacations for your organization. Please note that the sole purpose of vacations in 15Five is to skip Check-ins for all employees, not as a point of reference for your team to see when upcoming days off are.
Help Center article 💡: Skip Check-ins with vacations (includes how to set individual vacations or vacations for multiple people)
The 'Export' tab allows account owners to download a CSV that contains all company Check-in question and answer history. Due to the sensitive nature of the information contained in this report, only account owners have the ability to export it. If you are not an account owner and want the ability to export this report, please have one of your current account owners reach out to our Support Team by emailing email@example.com and request that you be made an account owner. This export will expire 24 hours from the time of creation.
Within the 'Notifications' tab, you can manage the following company-wide notifications:
- Check-ins notifications
- Comments and Mentions notifications
- 1 on 1's notifications
- Objectives notifications
- High Fives notifications
- Reporting notifications
- Administrative notifications
- Best-Self Review® notifications
- Request feedback notifications
Read more about managing company-wide notifications in our "Manage company-wide notifications" Help Center article.
15Five's 'Security audit' allows you to track security events in your organization's 15Five account, including:
- Login events
- Changes made via SCIM
- Group creations
- Bulk imports, and
- Action events
Help Center article 💡: View your company's security audit
See our Security Statement for further info on what we do to protect your data.