There are several ways that you can add new people in 15Five, each of which are laid out in this article. The best practice for inviting new people will depend on your company size and where you're at in the 15Five roll out process. For instance, bulk importing new people via CSV is often is the easiest when rolling out for the entire company or a group, while inviting from 'Manage people' is the easiest for a single new hire.
Some things to consider
Invites will expire after 30 days. If the invite expires, you will need to reactivate the person from the 'Manage people' section of 15Five. Invites will be sent immediately unless you specify a start date in the future.
15Five will not charge for invited/new people until the invite is accepted and the person becomes active. Billing for the new people is prorated based on the activated date and the time left in your current subscription period.
Success Center article 🗒: How does adding/removing people impact billing?
When people log into 15Five for the first time after being invited, they will see an onboarding walkthrough outlining the Check-in. The onboarding walkthrough will vary slightly for reporters, reviewers, and account creators. To see screenshots of these guides, check out this article.
Invite via SCIM
By default when SCIM is enabled, we have remove all invite and reactivate/deactivate options from the 'Manage people' page. When you want a person to have access to 15Five, you need to add them to the 15Five app via your IdP and their profile will be activated in 15Five very shortly after; the same goes for reactivating and deactivating. Then, those people will click on the 15Five app in their IdP and be able to login to 15Five without needing additional login credentials.
Invite from the 'Manage people' page
1. There are two ways to get to the 'Manage people' page.
Option #1 Click on your avatar in the upper right corner of your page and then click 'Manage people'.
Option #2 Click on Settings from the left navigation.
Then click on 'People' to expand the people settings.
Last, click on 'Manage people'.
2. Once on the Manage people page, click 'Invite people' at the upper right of your page to invite individuals one by one.
3. Set up a new person's profile by filling in the fields on the 'Add new person' page. The only required fields are first name, last name, and email. This page is known as the person's account settings.
If you would like to add people today, but have the invites to 15Five sent on a later day, use the 'Start date' field. Add any future date here and that date will tell 15Five when to invite the person(s) and give them access. Leave the 'Start date' field blank if you want the invite to go out immediately and allow people to sign into 15Five right away. For more information on start dates, see this article.
If you receive a notice that says "User with this email already exists", that means the person's email is in the system already and they need to be reactivated or assigned to your team.
4. Remember to Save your new person or Save and add another.
Invite from 'Team Check-ins'
1. Click on Features from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Check-ins' to expand the options.
3. Next, click on 'Team Check-ins'.
4. At the bottom of your team's current Check-ins, there is a section titled 'Add Teammates'. Add the email address of the person you would like to invite to your team in the field. Multiple people can be added at once, using commas between email addresses.
People added from the 'Team Check-ins' page will automatically report up to the person who added them. If one of your direct reports is already in the system but is assigned to another reviewer, you will need to contact your account administrator(s) to have the person switched to report to you.
5. When you're done entering the email(s), click Add. You can also use the 'bulk import from CSV' to invite multiple people at once.
Bulk import people
CSV import files must include an email address, but all other fields are optional. If you are hoping to have your whole team imported and added to groups in the same step, you can use the 'active_groups' column header to do so.
Success Center article 🗒: Bulk import or update people
Bulk imports are not available for SCIM customers.
1. Click on Settings from the left navigation.
2. Then click on 'People' to expand the people settings.
3. Last, click on 'Import'.
From the 'Manage people' page, you can also click the dropdown arrow next to 'Invite people' and you will see an Import from CSV option.
4. We strongly suggest clicking Download current structure from this page before making any bulk changes to your account. Doing so will not only provide you with a template to use, but will also allow you to save your current structure in case you need to refer or revert back to it at a later time.
5. Review the column header options as well as the formatting requirements for CSV imports.
Leave the 'Start date' field blank if you want the invite to go out immediately and allow people to sign into 15Five right away. For more information on start dates, see this article.
6. Click Choose file and find the file from your computer that you would like to import.
Report 📊: Download a CSV of your current people
Need some material to send new employees? Check out our Getting Started docs!