If your time has passed to complete an objective and you no longer want it to appear as 'Past due', you can close your objective. You can also close an objective that is no longer relevant at a given time.
You do have the option to close an unfinished Objective. Closing an objective does not mark the objective as complete. It holds the last known status, including the overall %, and will show as 'Closed'. Key result progress will also be saved. Closed objectives will still appear under the Current, Past, and Future Objectives pages. If you have updated your Objective results to show 100% completed, you will then want to close the Objective so that no other edits can be made.
To close an objective and assess an objective
1. Click on 'Features' from the left navigation.
2. Click on 'Objectives'.
3. You will land on the 'All objectives' page.
4. Find and click on the objective you want to edit using the filters or the search option.
5. Once on the objective's details page, click on the gear icon.
6. Then click 'Close objective'.
7. OPTIONAL: Fill out the assessment and reflection fields that appear in the pop-up window.
8. Save your assessment.
9. See your assessment and reflection in the 'Activity Feed'.
Want to pull a report with all objectives that are closed and visible to you? See this article for information on Objectives reporting.