The Priorities section makes 15Five an easy way to hold yourself accountable and feel progress on a regular basis. Priorities in 15Five are short-term goals/tasks that follow the cadence of your 15Five reporting.
Setting and managing my priorities
- On your current report, you will see a question asking about your priorities for the coming reporting period. You will list your priorities for the next week (or the next two weeks, or the next month) and submit your report.
- During your next reporting period, you’ll see the previously added priorities listed at the top of your 15Five or on your profile. You can reference this list through the course of the week to remind yourself of your priorities and keep you focused. Anytime you complete a task, check the circle to the left to mark it finished. If you need to edit or delete any of these priorities, feel free.
- If any of your priorities remain incomplete at the time of submission, you can mark them as such by leaving them in a grey state. Incomplete priorities will not carry over to the next 15Five.
- If you want an unfinished priority to appear again on your next check-in to give yourself more time, just click the ‘cycle’ icon next to that item.
- If you need to delete a priority that was previously added, just click into the field and delete the text. The removed priority will appear under 'Edit history'.
- If you need to edit a priority, you can also click into the field and edit. The edit will be tracked under 'Edit history'.
NOTE ✏️ : If you do not mark a task as completed or cycle to next week, it will not roll over into next week automatically.
- There’s also space for additional accomplishments where you can list the things you’re proud of finishing (but hadn’t planned for). Simply click “Add a new priority”.
You can make comments, mark for follow-up, mention others and have conversations about your goals -- just the same as any other question in 15Five. You can even link priorities with Objectives in 15Five.
TIP 💡: Remember that the application will automatically save any additions made to your 15Five, even if you don’t submit it right away. Visit it daily and keep things updated little-by-little.