Group types can be Squads, Departments, Teams, Locations, etc.If the group type is 'Mammals', a group could be 'Dogs' or 'Cats'. These group types and the groups within may need Objectives assigned to them. Let's say you want to create 'Squads' objectives, but you don't want 'Locations' to have objectives. You can control which group types objectives can be created for from your 'Manage features'>'Objectives' page.
Before you enable/disable Objectives, make sure you have Group types and Groups set up.
Enable/disable Objectives for certain group types:
1. Click on your avatar/profile picture in the top right corner of the account screen.
2. Click on 'Manage features'.
3. Click on 'Objectives' in your left-hand navigation.
4. Click on the 'Objective types' tab.
5. Use the toggle to the right of the group type to enable/disable objective creation for that group type.
What does this mean for objective creation?
When you go to create an objective, you will see the option to create an objective for a group. See the question 'Who is this objective for?'.
After selecting a group type, another drop down menu will appear that allows you to select a specific group. The group type drop down menu will only contain group types whose Objectives toggle is 'On'.