15Five’s HR Outcomes Dashboard feature provides a reliable way for HR executives to consistently capture, synthesize, and present the outcomes they are measuring and working to improve: manager effectiveness, employee engagement, employee performance, and regrettable turnover. This allows HR leaders to show clear and concise data that directly links programs like employee learning and development to outcomes like employee retention, which can, in turn, be connected to business outcomes like customer satisfaction and revenue.
In this article, you will learn...
Access and availability
⛔️ Required access to the HR Outcomes Dashboard.
👥 This article is relevant to roles and individuals assigned access to the Outcomes Dashboard and MEI.
📦 This feature is available in the Total Platform pricing package.
What is the HR Outcomes Dashboard?
The HR Outcomes Dashboard helps HR Leaders collect, analyze, and act on the data that drives real business results. It provides up-to-date, actionable information that can be referenced at a moment’s notice to show how HR is impacting the outcomes that matter most to your business: engagement, retention, performance, and manager effectiveness.
With our easy-to-use HR Outcomes Dashboard, leaders are empowered to...
- Track manager effectiveness, engagement, performance, and turnover metrics in one place;
- View detailed data about individual departments, teams, and managers and compare that data to pinpoint where to take action;
- Understand how outcomes relate to each other, change over time, and measure up to benchmarks— so you can have confidence in making meaningful changes;
- Identify trends, make predictions, and recommend actions to improve the HR outcomes that drive business performance; and
- Use the alongside our Manager Effectiveness Indicator feature, allowing you to pinpoint specific managers to celebrate or coach/invest in.
Before we continue, it's important to understand why engagement, retention, performance, and manager effectiveness are the outcomes that you should be measuring.
15Five has spent years working with thousands of HR leaders on their most important priorities, learning precisely which outcomes make the most significant impact on a business. Together, we’ve uncovered exactly which areas HR leaders should focus on, and how. By focusing on the following outcomes, we believe HR and People Ops can achieve the highest level of impact, maximize their organization's potential, and drive success in today's highly competitive business environment:
- Maximize employee performance
- Increase employee engagement
- Decrease regrettable turnover
15Five supports HR leaders delivering these outcomes, the benefits of which are multiplied and amplified by investing in manager effectiveness. The HR Outcomes Dashboard allows you to measure how their organization is doing in these four areas (manager effectiveness, performance, engagement, and turnover) so they can track how their initiatives move the needle.
How it works
- Configure the dashboard. Configure and customize the weighting of your metrics, or use our default recommendations. As you roll out new 15Five features or set new expectations with staff around feature usage, adjust your configuration. Learn more about configuring the HR Outcomes Dashboard.
- View scores and dig into how they match up against each other. Use the HR Outcomes Dashboard to quickly access metrics about the important outcomes you’re driving: performance, engagement, manager effectiveness, and turnover – all in one place! See how internal departments, teams, and managers compare to each other or use benchmarking to see how your organization is performing based on others in 15Five's customer database. Then, evaluate outcomes by group, manager, and more to identify where you should take action.
- Take action on metrics. Use the data in the HR Outcomes Dashboard to pinpoint where to take action. Launch strategic HR initiatives to move the needle on scores. Go to your next Board meeting, leadership calls, or status update with easy-to-use, objective results that tie HR programs to business results.
- Repeat the process. Continue measuring outcome scores regularly, especially following strategic initiatives, to prove the value that strategic HR has on business outcomes.
Here are some of the key benefits of utilizing the HR Outcomes Dashboard at your organization:
- Simple and easy to use. We help you focus on the most important outcomes, rather than pulling in so much data that it takes a data analytics expert to get any value from it.
- Showcase the value of your HR programs on business outcomes. For HR to gain influence, impact, and budget within their organizations, they need the data to show that their efforts are paying off. 15Five’s HR Outcomes Dashboard provides a reliable way for HR executives to consistently capture, synthesize, and present the outcomes they are measuring and working to improve. This allows HR leaders to show clear and concise data that directly links programs like employee learning and development to outcomes like employee retention, which can, in turn, be connected to business outcomes like customer satisfaction and revenue.
- Impact your people and the bottom line. Using the dashboard, HR is empowered to make informed decisions, drive business success, and gain the credibility it has always deserved. Identify trends, make predictions, and recommend actions to drive business performance all in one place. Narrow in on specific parts of your org, such as executive hierarchies, departments, or managers, to focus and take action.
- Quickly drive tangible impact. With the HR Outcomes Dashboard, you can avoid analysis paralysis because every metric is tangibly actionable by utilizing other 15Five features. See the immediate value for HR leaders and employees, accelerating adoption and change management.
- Empower and develop managers. Managers are the #1 driver of employee retention, engagement, and performance. With the HR Outcomes Dashboard, paired with the Manager Effectiveness Indicator, you can easily see which managers need support in specific areas and take action— turning managers into self-driven owners of employee retention, engagement, and performance.
"One of the greatest challenges and frustrations that HR leaders face is understanding where to focus their work to create value for the business. 1Five's new HR Outcomes Dashboard finally gives HR leaders a way to target actions while also quantifying impact in a way that hasn't been done in the category before. It's simple, well-designed, and adds tremendous value to the 15Five platform, bringing together engagement, retention, performance, and manager effectiveness in a visual way." - Kathi Enderes, Senior VP of Research at The Josh Bersin Company
The outcomes scorecards show overall scores and additional data about scores in each of the four outcomes: Manager Effectiveness, Employee Engagement, Employee Performance, and Turnover. You can also use benchmarking to see how your scores match up against others in the 15Five dataset.
Discover the relationships between outcomes across your organization, and drill down to discover insights about specific cohorts. The HR Outcomes Dashboard is also fully integrated with our Manager Effectiveness Indicator feature, allowing you to pinpoint specific managers to coach up or celebrate. Learn more about how to use the HR Outcomes Dashboard.
Benchmarking allows customers to see score averages across the entire database, as well as dig into internal benchmarking (comparing departments, teams, etc.). In the future, we will expand benchmarking options so companies can dig into similar companies (industry, size, etc.).
Configure the dashboard to choose what factors you want to contribute to outcome scores— ensuring that scores are specific to your company's needs and usage of 15Five.
Roles and visibility
By default, account admins and HR admins can view and interact with the HR Outcomes Dashboard. Account admins can remove access for account admins or HR admins, as well as add additional individuals they want to have access to the HR Outcomes Dashboard in configuration settings (in-app link). Read more about configuring the HR Outcomes Dashboard.
The outcomes contained in the HR Dashboard Data are calculated based on the following usage from features across the 15Five platform. As your organization continues to utilize 15Five, the data in the dashboard will become richer.
- Manager Effectiveness: Behavioral data (1-on-1s, Check-ins, High Fives, etc.) and assessment data (Engagement surveys or Best-Self Review® cycles written by the people who work for that manager).
- Engagement: Engagement survey data (Engage) and pulse score data (Check-ins).
- Performance: % of top performance based on ratings (Best-Self Review®), % of top performers based on talent matrix (Best-Self Review®), goal attainment (Objectives).
- Turnover: Termination data (people settings).