15Five makes it easy to keep your review cycle on track by allowing you to see who hasn't submitted reviews and giving you the option to send "nudge" emails to those individuals— all from a cycle's 'Overview' tab.
In this article, you will learn how to...
- Access a review cycle's 'Overview' tab
- Apply filters to find the person/people you want to nudge
- Bulk nudge people who haven't completed a review milestone
- Nudge a specific participant or review writer
Review admins and cycle collaborators can send nudges to everyone in the company. Managers can send nudges to their direct reports who are review cycle participants.
Access the 'Overview' tab
- Click Best-Self Review® in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the name of the cycle you want to send nudges for. If it's an in-progress cycle, it should appear under "Active review cycles."
- After clicking on the cycle name, you will automatically be taken to the 'Overview' tab for that review cycle.
Use filters to find the people you want to nudge
Participants filter options
Near the top of the review cycle's 'Overview' tab, you will see a participants filter section.
Using this section, you can apply the following filters to data that appears in the 'Overview' tab:
- Participants or Review writers: "Participants" are those who are being reviewed in the review cycle. "Review writers" are people who are writing reviews in the review cycle (and may or may not be participants themselves).
- Me, My team, or Everyone: Selecting "Me" means that data about only your own review results will be reflected on the 'Overview' tab. Selecting "My team" means that data about your direct reports who are participants in the review cycle will be reflected. Selecting "Everyone" means that data about all review cycle participants will be reflected.
- Everyone, Group, Manager, or Hierarchy: Use this section to filter review data by a specific participant or participants who are members of a specific group, report to a specific manager, or are in a specific person's hierarchy.
Only review admins and cycle collaborators will see the option to filter by "Everyone".
Status filter options
In the "Cycle Participants" section of a review cycle's 'Overview' tab, you will see the option to filter by review statuses. You can apply as many filters as you'd like here, and only the people who meet each filter will appear in the list of cycle participants.
Filtering options are: "No reviews submitted," "Some reviews submitted," "All reviews submitted," "Reviews shared," "Reviews shared and finalized," and "Calibrated".
In additional to filter options, you can check review cycle progress by downloading one of our progress reports.
Bulk nudge all people who haven't completed a milestone
1. From the 'Overview' tab, scroll down to the Progress tracker section and click on 'Review milestones' to expand the tracker window. Here, you can see the progress of each milestone in the review cycle. Please note that the data reflected in the Progress tracker will reflect any filters applied on the 'Overview' tab (refer to the "Use filters" section of this article for more information).
2. Click on the '...' to the right of the milestone that you want to bulk-send nudges for.
3. Once you click 'Nudge,' a popup will appear that includes the recipients of the nudge and the space for you, the nudger, to type an optional personal message to be included in the nudge email. Fill out a personal message if desired, then click Send nudge email.
4. Nudge emails will go out immediately to all recipients.
Nudge a specific person
You can nudge an individual in the "Cycle participants" section of a review cycle's 'Overview' tab. As was discussed in the "Use filters" section of this article, there are two separate filter sections you can use to locate the person you want to nudge. Two important filtering options to keep in mind here are: "Participant" and "Review writer."
If you want to see who has and hasn't submitted reviews about a specific review cycle participant, select "Participants" and search for the participant's name in the text field. Then, scroll down to the "Cycle Participants" section of the cycle 'Overview' tab. Finally, click the "..." to the right of their name to pull up nudging options.
If the person themselves hasn't submitted their self review, you'll see the option to nudge them. If peers haven't submitted their peer reviews about a person, you'll see the option to nudge the peers. And so on. Basically, by pulling up a specific person, you will have the ability to nudge anyone who is responsible for writing a review about that person and hasn't yet submitted.
If you want to see a specific review writer's progress, filter by "Review writers" and search for the participant's name in the text field. Then find the specific individual you want to nudge in the "Cycle participants" section of the 'Overview' tab and click the "..." to the right of their name name for nudging options.
Once you select a nudge option, a popup will appear that includes the recipients of the nudge and the space for you, the nudger, to type an optional personal message to be included in the nudge email. Fill out a personal message if desired, then click Send nudge email.