You’ve decided to roll out 15Five— congratulations! We are here to guide you in your journey towards success. This article will help you think through your upcoming 15Five rollout, including what features you should launch with, what settings you should care about initially, and what your rollout options are.
This article contains the following sections:
First: Get familiar with 15Five
1. Check out these account admin-specific video resources:
- Help Center article 💡: Register for a live account admin training
- Help Center article 💡: Video resources: getting started, setup, and configuration
- Help Center article 💡: Video resources: tips and guidance for success
2. Determine what features you want to start with:
The features you have access to depend on the 15Five plan your organization purchased. Account admins can access the Setup Guide in 15Five's main, left-hand navigation, which includes a list of all features included in your company's plan.
Second: Plan your launch
There are three approaches to launching 15Five: an early adopters approach, a company-wide approach, or a phased approach. There isn’t a right or wrong choice here. The approach you choose depends on your company's specific scenario.
- Early adopters approach: Customers introduce the 15Five platform to their organization in phases, usually broken down by hierarchy (HR and Executives first, followed by managers, and then individuals), departments (Sales, HR, Engineering), or by geography (NY office, then LA office, or NA and then EMEA). This approach is usually favored by customers that are newer to continuous performance management.
- Company wide approach: All employees start using 15Five at once. This approach is usually favored by customers who already have a strong continuous performance management culture. This approach may be easier on a smaller HR/learning and development department as the training and reinforcement for all employees can be done at once vs. having multiple rolling “launches” of 15Five that is common with the phased approach.
- Blended approach: If you plan to launch with Objectives or Best-Self Review® then 15Five recommends this blended approach. Since every company is in a different stage of their Best-Self Journey, there is another option that is more flexible. In some cases, our customers roll out a few features of 15Five to everyone immediately, then slowly add the other features of 15Five over time. Pilot groups and internal champions go a long way. New to objectives? Try it with your executive team first before rolling it out to your departments or the whole company. New to reviews? Launch one with your department before using it with everyone else. New to check-ins? Make them lightweight and easy to fill out. There is a lot of flexibility with 15Five to meet you where you are in your Best-Self Journey.
As you prepare to launch 15Five, make sure you and your employees are aligned on the following:
- Why are we using 15Five?
- How will this help us do our job?
- How are we preparing for this new platform?
Third: Get tactical
1. Configure the basics of 15Five
Most successful customers implement our Continuous Performance Management features to start such as Check-ins, 1-on-1's, High Fives, Feedback and Best-Self Kickoff.
- In-app link 🧑💻: Configure Company Settings
- Help Center article 💡: Add additional company administrators to help you get setup
- Help Center article 💡: Role-based permissions in 15Five
- Help Center article 💡: Configure Smart Groups
- Help Center article 💡: Add your groups and group types to 15Five
- Help Center article 💡: Add Check-in questions
- Help Center article 💡: Encourage managers and their direct reports to hold Best-Self Kickoffs
2. Set up your integrations
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for easy access to 15Five
- Employee data integrations
- Messaging platform integrations: Slack, Microsoft Teams
- OKR integrations: Jira Cloud, Salesforce
A full list of available integrations can be accessed here.
3. Communicate to your team that 15Five is coming.
4. Invite your people to 15Five.
- Add people directly in 15Five.
- Add people in bulk through CSV Import
- Add people via SCIM or HRIS automatic provisioning (click into one of our Integrations above)